The Western Connecticut Health Network Research Program at The Biomedical Research Institute is a summer research experience for high school students, college undergraduates, medical students and secondary school science teachers. We offer a chance to “learn by doing” and work to broaden the students’ understanding of the research process and possible career paths by providing authentic experience working in an active research lab.
The goals of the program include increasing interest in biological sciences and medicine in students and educators, and helping students and educators understand how scientific research is performed.
Over a 4 week period, students will be required to spend 3 days a week at the Biomedical Research Institute performing hands-on activities under the guidance of a mentor.
High school students, college undergraduates, medical students and secondary school science teachers
- High School Applicants must currently be juniors or seniors in high school at the time of application in the spring of 2017 (class of 2017 or 2018 only) AND must be a minimum of 16 years old on January 1, 2017. Please note that students must meet BOTH class and age requirements.
- Have an interest in science, medicine, math, engineering, or computer science.
- Commit to one of the 4 week sessions listed below, 3 days per week (Tuesday-Thursday).
- Complete the Volunteer Orientation Program at WCHN prior to the start of the Research session.
Program Dates: 2017 Session Dates
- Session 1 Tuesday June 6th through Thursday June 29th
- Session 2 Tuesday July 11th through Thursday August 3rd
If you meet the eligibility requirements above and wish to apply, complete and submit the WCHN Research Experience application by the March 1, 2017 deadline.
To be considered for the program, you must provide the following:
- Application document completed and submitted by March 1, 2017.
- Included on the application statement as to why you wish to participate in this program and your career goals.
*Completed applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org