Pancreatic Cancer Screening Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion for New Onset Diabetes Mellitus (NoDM)
- DM of Confirmed Duration: DM diagnosed within the past 12 months AND documentation of prior normal FPG, OGTT or HbA1c levels within the past 2 years. Requirement for HbA1c > 6.5%.
- DM of Unconfirmed Duration: DM diagnosed within the past 12 months BUT no prior record of normal FPG, HbA1c or OGTT within the past 2 years. Requirement for HbA1c > 7.5%
- Transition from pre-Diabetes to DM within the past 12 months characterized by a change in the HbA1c of > 1.5%.
- DM With Only One FDR (first-degree relative): DM diagnosed within the past 12 months that is of Confirmed or Unconfirmed Duration AND 1 FDR with PC. Requirement for HbA1c > 6.5%.
Inclusion for Familial PC or Known Genetic Mutation
- 1 FDR (first-degree relative) with PC AND DM diagnosed within the past 12 months
- 2 FDR with PC
- 3 first-, second-, or third-degree relatives with PC with at least one being a FDR
- Known mutation carrier of BRCA1, BRCA2, Lynch syndrome, ATM, or PALB2 AND ≥1 first- or second-degree relative with PC
* These criteria enable screening of individuals but do not guarantee participation
For more information, contact Tammy Lo at 203-807-6350 or at email@example.com