Chocolate, Strawberries, and Breast Health
Thursday, April 26, 2018, 5:00 PM
Norwalk City Hall, Community Room: 125 East Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851
Norwalk Hospital Smilow Family Breast Health Center, the City of Norwalk, CancerCare, and the NAACP are hosting this event.
Indulge in chocolates and strawberries while learning more about breast health from the experts at Norwalk Hospital and CancerCare. Advocates will be available to help connect attendees to breast care services. Attendees can enter to win a $50 Norwalk Hospital Integrative Medicine gift certificate, a gift basket, and other prizes. All attendees will receive free breast cancer awareness giveaways!
The agenda includes:
- Opening Remarks: Lucia C. Rilling “First Lady” of the City of Norwalk
- Maintain Breast Health and Access Services: Kathleen Nugent, LMSW, CancerCare and Mildred Gonzales, CancerCare
- Screening Recommendations for Female and Men Breast Cancer: Jeanne Capasse, MD, Breast Surgeon, Surgical Director, Smilow Family Breast Health Center, Norwalk Hospital
- Dispel Myths and Fears: Mary Heery, APRN, Breast Health Specialist, Norwalk Hospital
- Navigate Health Barriers: Zarek Mena, Certified Patient Navigator, Norwalk Hospital
- Guests that attend the event will lead a Q&A and share their experiences
For more information, call the Smilow Family Breast Health Center 203-852-2300 or email Zarek.Mena@wchn.org.