SHARON, Connecticut, October 16, 2020 — Today, Sharon Hospital learned about a cluster of COVID-19 cases within Connecticut’s northwest corner, including the towns of Canaan and Salisbury. At this time, there are no COVID-19 positive patients at Sharon Hospital. Out of an abundance of caution and to safeguard our patients and staff, effective October 16, 2020, Sharon Hospital has limited its open entrances, expanded COVID-19 testing hours, and limited visitation.
Sharon Hospital entry points
Please use Sharon Hospital’s front Main Entrance on Hospital Hill Road or the Emergency Department (ED) to enter the hospital. All other entrances are currently closed. All individuals will be screened for risk factors of COVID-19 at each open entrance.
COVID-19 testing at Sharon Hospital
Sharon Hospital expanded its COVID-19 testing hours. COVID-19 testing is available for individuals at:
- Sharon Hospital, Lab Patient Services Center, 50 Hospital Hill Road, Sharon, CT 06069, First Floor
- Hours of operation:
- Monday–Friday: 10:15am–12:15pm, 1:00–3:00pm
- Saturday: 7:15–11:15am
- To schedule an appointment, please call 845-790-8855. Appointments are recommended but walk-ins are welcome.
Testing hours are subject to change.
What you need to bring to get a COVID-19 test at Sharon Hospital:
- Government-issued photo ID (examples: driver’s license, passport)
- Insurance card (if you have one)
- Physician order (prescription) for the COVID-19 test. Your healthcare clinician, such as a primary care physician, will tell you if you need to bring a paper order with you or if it will be submitted electronically. If you don’t have a physician order when you arrive for a test, we’ll make arrangements for you to have testing done. You’ll need to then follow up with your healthcare clinician to review the results. If you don’t have a healthcare clinician, call 888-525-4767, Monday–Friday, 7am–6pm, to be connected with a Nuvance Health primary care physician near you.
- Wear a medical face mask
It may take up to 48 hours to get your test results back. Your healthcare clinician will notify you of the results. You can also access your results through the Nuvance Health patient portal here: https://patients.healthquest.org/the-myhq247-patient-portal
For more information about COVID-19 testing at Sharon Hospital, please visit https://patients.healthquest.org/covid-19-testing
Visitation at Sharon Hospital
No visitors are permitted for any patients at Sharon Hospital unless extenuating circumstances apply. Please review the full visitation policy at https://patients.healthquest.org/covid-19-updates.
Marina Ballantine, Public and Community Affairs Associate
(845) 554 1734 | Marina.Ballantine@nuvancehealth.org
Andrea Rynn, Assistant Vice President, Community, Government, Public Relations
(203) 739 7919 | Andrea.Rynn@nuvancehealth.org
Amy Forni, Manager, Public Relations
(203) 739 7478 | Amy.Forni@nuvancehealth.org