Autumn Vegetable Succotash
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced red bell peppers
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups diced yellow summer squash
- 3 cups frozen lima beans
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh sage
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Add onion; cook until translucent (two minutes).
- Add garlic, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, lima beans, and corn. Season as desired; cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender (10 minutes).
- Stir in sage, and serve.
- Calories: 220
- Total fat: 8 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 40 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 35 g
- Dietary fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 8 g
For more fall flavors, try this recipe for carrot soup with coriander, which can be enjoyed hot or cold.