Baked Sweet Potato Chips
Enjoy a crispy, satisfying snack without all the sodium.
- 1 large sweet potato (1 lb.), peeled and very thinly sliced with a mandolin or vegetable peeler
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk oil and vinegar together, then toss sweet potato slices in mixture. Sprinkle with spices, then toss again to coat.
3. Lay slices down on about six cookie trays lined with silicone liners or parchment paper. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, checking every five minutes and switching trays around at least once to prevent burning. For a crispier texture, flip the chips over midway through baking.
4. Let cool, then enjoy.
Serves four; serving size is 1 cup. Each serving provides: 137 calories, 4 g total fat (0.5 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 25 g total carbohydrates, 4 g dietary fiber, 6 g sugar, 2 g protein.
Note: If your oven has a convection setting, use it to prevent burning, and only bake for 15 minutes.
Great Meals Ahead
Pick from more terrific recipes, and read articles on healthy eating, all on our Eating Well page.