Cranberry Spiced Cider
For a twist on autumn apple cider, try this spice-infused cranberry version!
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 whole allspice
- cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2 star anise
- 5 cups apple cider (nonalcoholic)
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 or 4 orange slices
- Place cloves, allspice, cinnamon stick, and star anise in a cheesecloth square and tie ends together.
- In a large saucepan, combine spice bag, apple cider, cranberry juice, brown sugar, and orange slices. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Discard spice bag and orange slices, then pour into mugs.
Serves eight; serving size is 1 cup. Each serving provides 149 calories, 0 g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 38 g total carbohydrate, 0 g dietary fiber, 7 g sugars, 1 g protein.
Add a crunchy pumpkin pie to the menu. Click here for the full recipe!