Dark Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
Hoping to impress your honey but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen? Try these nutritious and delicious dark chocolate chip oat bars.
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- ½ cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- 2 tbsp. milled flaxseed
- ¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk egg with yogurt and brown sugar. Blend in oats and flaxseed. Add chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture in an 8-inch-square pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool, then cut into 12 bars.
Serves 12; serving size is one bar. Each serving provides: 120 calories, 3 g total fat (1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 12 g sugars, and 3 g protein.
Show Yourself Some Love
This Valentine’s Day, practice self-care by doing something that makes you happy. Bubble bath? Go for it! Adult nap time? Highly recommended! And if you’re looking for more recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth, browse our Eating Well library.