Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 13 to 15 minutes each batch
Makes: 18 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp. 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp. quick rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to mix sugar and butter. Mix until well blended, about three minutes.
- Slowly add egg; mix on medium speed one minute. Gradually add applesauce and milk; mix on medium speed one minute. Scrape sides of bowl.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Slowly add to applesauce mixture; mix on low speed until blended, about two minutes. Add oats and blend 30 seconds on low speed. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheet while still warm. Cool on wire rack.
90 calories, 2 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, less than 1 g dietary fiber, 9 g sugar, 2 g protein
More Seasonal Sweets