Spinach Berry Salad with Grilled Chicken Breast
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed\
- 1 tbsp. dried minced onion in cup with 2 tbsp. warm water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or white balsamic vinegar, flavored with citrus
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 cups raw baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium-sized red pepper, sliced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 8 oz. grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 oz. reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp. pecan pieces
- Place first eight ingredients into a blender or food processor fitted with a standard blade and puree until smooth. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Place red onion into white vinegar, let set for five minutes, then strain and discard vinegar. Reserve the red onion to use in the salad.
- To assemble salads, place 1 cup of spinach into bowl or on plate. Top with 1/4 of each: fresh strawberries, blueberries, red pepper, red onions, cucumber, grilled chicken, feta, and pecans. Drizzle each salad with 1/4 cup of dressing.
Makes four servings. Serving size is 1 salad. Each serving provides 190 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrates, 13 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.