Sunshine Beet Salad
Try this flavorful summer salad with your family—or dinner guests—this week.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp. white or regular balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 6 cups of mixed greens
- 1 medium beet, peeled and grated
- 1 medium yellow beet, peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, skin and pith removed with a knife, then sliced
- 1 large orange, skin and pith removed with a knife, then sliced
Whisk together orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, honey, and salt. Divide greens among six bowls. Then arrange an equal amount of beets, carrot, red pepper, and fruit slices on top of each bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of dressing.
Serves six. Each serving contains about 110 calories, 4.5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrates, 12 g sugar, 3 g fiber, and 2 g protein.
Browse more great recipes, and find other info on eating well, by clicking here.